Fall Reading Challenge
Are you ready for the ultimate in Reading Adventures? Pick up a book challenge flyer and see how many categories you can fill between September 1 and December 31, 2016.
Fill the most categories and you could win four new books of your choice* to start your new reading year out right (random drawing in the event of a tie). And all readers who log at least four categories will be entered in a drawing for one book of their choice.*
Titles may only be used to fill one category, but we will have a special prize for the title that fills the most categories.
The list is also available here to print out: Fall Reading Challenge
*Selected books must be available at library discount rate from our wholesaler.
Looking for suggestions?
- Check out the display in the library for ideas
- Ask us!
- Sign up for weekly emails, each will cover a different category
- We will also feature two categories each week on our website, with a weekly blog as we read along!
- Email Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org with the category or categories for which you would like suggestions and the titles of a couple of books you have read recently and liked!
- Do you prefer to download? Check out our featured lists on the Download Library (sign in first with your APL card number).
This week, we take a look at Books set in Asia.
Here is our challenge list, we’ll link to posts to each one as they are written.
- A banned book
- A book about a road trip
- A book of short stories
- A book published the year you were born
- A book recommended by library staff
- A book that made you cry
- A book that made you laugh
- A book that scares you
- A book that takes place on an island
- A book that’s been made into a movie
- A book that’s more than 500 pages
- A book that’s set in Africa
- A book that’s set in Asia
- A book translated into English
- A book with a red cover
- A book with less than 150 pages
- A book with magic
- A book you can read in a day
- A book you haven’t read since high school
- A book you started but never finished
- A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t
- A dystopian novel
- A graphic novel
- A historical fiction book set in the 17th or 18th century
- A nonfiction history book
- A memoir
- A mystery set in Maine
- A National Book Award Winner
- A New York Times bestseller
- A nonfiction book about science
- A science fiction novel
- A self-improvement book
- A Young Adult novel
- The first book of a series you’ve never read
- The first book you see entering the library