Fun Stuff for Kids Online!
FREE EBOOKS Several sites are providing free access to ebooks while schools are closed.
- Tumblebooks: K-6 children’s ebook database
- TumbleMath: K-6 math ebook database
- www.TeenBookCloud.com – gr 7-12 ebook database
Lerner Books: Now through June 30, hundreds of Lerner eBooks are available for free via the Lerner Bookshelf. There are two collections of eBooks, Grades PreK-5 and Grades 6-12.
Audible–Listen to free eaudiobooks at stories.audible.com
Here is a list of websites you might find useful over the next few weeks to help your children during the school closure.
- Kids Book a Day
- Common Sense Media: Best Books for Kids
- Anita Silvey’s Book A Day Almanac
- Maine Student Book Award
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Stay at home Story Hour with Oliver Jeffers
- Story Time with Mac Barnett Mac- Barnett will read one of his books every day on his Instagram stories. Stories will be released at 3 p.m. and remain in his stories for 24 hours. Just follow him on Instagram.
- Authors Everywhere: Check out this You Tube station for daily videos of authors reading and illustrating with kids.
- Andrea Brown Lit
- Growing Book by Book: Online Literacy Resources including Read-Alouds, Sing Alongside, Illustration Demos and more
- Ranger Rick Magazine: digital issues free through June
- Scholastic Learn at Home – free cross-curricular activities build around a story or video from Scholastic.
- For customers on Instagram author Dan Santat is offering an online survival guide: Santat Online Survival School for the Pandemic. You just need to follow him on Instagram
- Author Rafael Lopez is posting black and white drawings that didn’t make it into his books for kids to color. He is the author of Drum Dream Girl
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens Home Safari
- Zoo America
- Kitchen Table Classroom
- Jarrett Lerner– New art activities every DAY
- Jarret J. Krosoczka: Jarret J Krosoczka author of Hey Kiddo will offer a free webcast every day at 2 pm
FOR YOUR LITTLES