Fun Stuff for Kids Online!
Audible–Listen to free eaudiobooks at stories.audible.com
Cloud Library — Log in with your library card number.
Here is a list of websites you might find useful to help your children during any school closures.
- Kids Book a Day
- Common Sense Media: Best Books for Kids
- Anita Silvey’s Book A Day Almanac
- Maine Student Book Award
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Authors Everywhere: Check out this You Tube station for daily videos of authors reading and illustrating with kids.
- Growing Book by Book: Online Literacy Resources including Read-Alouds, Sing Alongside, Illustration Demos and more
- Scholastic Learn at Home – free cross-curricular activities build around a story or video from Scholastic.
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens Home Safari
- Kitchen Table Classroom
- Jarrett Lerner– New art activities every DAY
- Jarret J. Krosoczka: Jarret J Krosoczka author of Hey Kiddo
FOR YOUR LITTLES
- Jbrary: Storytime Songs and fingerplays to share with your little ones
- Resources for families during the Pandemic from Common Sense Media
- First stop for any new homeschooler: Homeschool Legal Defense Association
- Maine Department of Education, Home Instruction Requirements, Forms & Laws
- PBS Learning Media
- Homeschoolers of Maine: Frequently Asked Questions
- Recent books on homeschooling from Abby the Librarian