Auburn Public Library Take-Out Service
The Library is instituting a take-out service for library materials. To request materials, please place holds using our online catalog, by phone, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interlibrary Loan items are not currently available, all holds must be items owned by Auburn Public Library. You will be notified when the materials are ready to pick up, and will be able to choose a specific pick up time slot then. Materials will be packaged in a paper bag and available in the lobby of our Spring St. entrance. If Lewiston Public Library is your home library, you may request APL items to be picked up at APL only. Please call us to change the pickup location.
The Maine Reciprocal Borrowing Program has been suspended. We are unable to loan items to those who have been using this program until it has been restarted.
Our intention is to have a limited number of pickups in any time slot, however, please observe social distancing. Only one person in the lobby at a time, please. Any returns should be put in the book drop and not brought into the library building.
We are quarantining returned items for three days, and staff is wearing gloves and masks while preparing items for pickup. We encourage you to use caution when handling materials.
Checkouts and Holds
- If you have materials checked out, we have extended those due dates. Due dates have been extended to July 10 for material checked out before the March closure. Please return all materials checked out prior to closure by July 10. This includes all Auburn Public Library items, as well as interlibrary loans.
- Requests are now being accepted for Auburn Public Library material only. Holds on items owned by other libraries will be activated when the interlibrary loan system is restarted. If you no longer want an item you have on hold you can cancel the hold by accessing your record online.
- When an item you had on hold is available for pickup we will call you to arrange a pickup time.
- Interlibrary loan services and the Maine Reciprocal Borrowing Program have been suspended until further notice.
- After hours materials returns (book drops) are now open. Please return all items checked out before the closure by July 10. Items are quarantined for up to seven days before check in, and will show up on your record until then. Check ins will be backdated and no fees will be charged due to the quarantine period.
We have extended library card expiration dates into June so you can continue using our digital services. If your library card expires in June, please call us to renew.
Get an Auburn Public Library card
If you don’t have a library card, apply for an online card with this form and a card will be mailed to you. An e-card will give you access to e-books, e-audiobooks and online databases.
We encourage you to check our website for online services, and to follow the Auburn Public Library on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We will also send out updates through our email newsletter (subscribe here).
We will try to respond to phone calls. However, email, social media, and our contact form remain the best ways to contact us. For general questions, please send to email@example.com. If you have reference questions or would like assistance in using online resources, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library wi-fi will be on until 10PM and can generally be accessed from the parking lot. Be sure to observe social distancing!
For more information about COVD-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the City of Auburn’s Coronavirus Response Resource Hub, the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or the Maine Health Department at https://www.maine.gov/dhhs.
Stay safe and strong.
Mamie Anthoine Ney, Director
email@example.com, Ext. 2020