We hope to reopen soon!
We are working to prepare the library for reopening. We hope to open soon. When we do, things will look a little different! We are removing furniture, adding plexiglass shields and making other changes, so that we can open safely.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- Offering contactless holds pickup
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance between each other
- Wearing face coverings while inside the library.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
What we are asking you to do:
- Do not enter the library if you currently have or recently have had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Keep your hand clean. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the library.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others
- Wear a face covering while inside the library.
- Follow all directional signs and floor markings.
Limited use: To enable distancing and to keep customers and staff safe, we will have some limits in place.
- Limited Capacity. Entry is limited to 10 customers at a time, not including those who have appointments to use the Children’s Room or the library computers. Please limit your visit to thirty minutes.
- Children’s Room. Appointments will be required for children to use the Children’s Room and will be limited to one family at a time. Parents are welcome to select material for their children.
- Computer Use. Computers have been spaced 6 feet apart and will be disinfected between each use. Computer use is by appointment only.
- Limited Hours. To be announced.
Lobby Pickup is Available Now
- You may now place holds for APL owned items in the online catalog. The statewide interlibrary loan system is still suspended. Requests will be accepted for APL items only.
- You can also call or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request items. If you are not sure exactly what you are looking for, we are happy to help.
- We will try to fill holds each day, but please allow 1-3 days for us to prepare your request. When items are ready, we will call you to schedule a pick up time slot. To enable social distancing, we will be limiting the number of customers in each slot.
- Items will be available for pick up in the Spring St. Lobby.
- Returned items are quarantined for five days, but we encourage you to use caution with these items.
Limits: Please limit requests to 10 items per customer or family member.
Returns: Book drops are open 24/7. Items checked out before the March closure have been renewed to July 10. Please try to return all items you may still have out at your earliest convenience.
Because we are quarantining items before check in, items may appear on your card up to seven days after return. You will not be charged any late fees for items in quarantine.