Position available: Director of Engagement
The Auburn Public Library is a non-profit public library that includes all of the elements of a 21st century library while maintaining the grandeur of its original 1904 Carnegie building. A gifted library staff provides a remarkable array of services to Auburn, Minot, and the surrounding communities. The Library stresses outstanding customer service, community collaboration and responsiveness to the needs of its customers. The Library is funded primarily by the City of Auburn and is expected to provide a significant percentage of its annual revenue. The mission of the Library is to engage, enrich and enlighten.
APL seeks a highly motivated individual, who will represent and promote the Library, reporting to the Library Director in partnership with the Board of Trustees and the staff. The Director of Engagement will support strategic initiatives to reach out and engage the community to build broad public awareness of and support for the Library This position is full-time and comes with benefits. The complete job description can be found at www.auburnpubliclibrary.org
- Assist in the development and execution of Auburn Public Library’s annual fundraising plan.
- Assist in securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Assist in the maintenance of ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Assist in the organization of special events, such as the Library’s Spring online auction.
- Assist in the management of our fundraising software, data entry, gift processing, report generation and record keeping related to the development function.
- Assist in the preparation, submission and tracking of grant requests.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nonprofit experience
- Experience in development and marketing, including major gifts
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, communications (written and oral) and managerial skills
- Experience with social media, the internet, Microsoft and Adobe platforms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of and appreciation for public libraries
- Appreciation of literature and cultural programming
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Out-going personality and ease with public speaking
- Sense of humor
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or send by mail to Personnel, Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring St., Auburn, ME. 04210. The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls.