We have what YOU’RE looking for!
Study, play a game, relax with a book or meet with your friends in the Teen Space! Create digital projects in the Media Lab! Check out our calendar for gaming, crafts, clubs, and lots of other fun events, just for teens! Unless otherwise noted, teen programs are just for teens, ages 12-18. See our calendar for all programs.
- Teens! Matinee Movie Join us in the Community Room one afternoon a month for a movie. Most of the movies are chosen by the teens and movies may be rated either PG or PG-13 Check our events calendar and if PG-13, anyone under 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Teens! Gaming Hour Take a break from studying and stop by the Androscoggin Room on lower level for video games and snacks. We have XBox and Wii and a small collection of games. Teens are welcome to bring their favorites, but only those rated T and E. This program was made possible by donations from the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and the law firm of Norman, Hanson & DeTroy. This program takes place twice a month; check the Events calendar on our website for the exact time.
- Teens! DIY Takeover We’re taking over the Teen Space! Each month, we will offer a new project from duct tape art to photography, create your own video games or make your own magnetic poetry.
- Homework Help for Teens Stop by the Teen Space on Tuesdays between 2:30 and 4:00, or on the early release Wednesdays (for grades 7-12) from 1:00-2:30 for help in any subject which may be giving you difficulty, or simply use the Teen Space as a quiet place to get started on your homework! This program will include a healthy after school snack. Teens wishing to simply hang out in the Teen Space are still welcome but are asked to be respectful of anyone doing school-related activities during this time.
- Teen Snack Chat Back by request, once a month, we’ll have a conversation about topics which impact or are of interest to teens. At the same time, we’ll prepare a healthy snack to enjoy. We will meet in either the Teen Space or the Community Room, depending on our kitchen needs, so be sure to check the board on the 1st floor when you come in.
- Teen Library Advisory Board (LAB): What do you want at the library? Do you have an author you love and want to read more? Do you wish we offered more music events? Sign up for the Library Advisory Board and let your voice be heard! Contact Donna at 333-6640, ext. 4, for more information.
- Maine Job Corps Teens and New Adults (ages 16-24): If you had the opportunity to take part in a life-changing experience that gave you the skills you need to succeed in today’s job market, and it didn’t cost anything, would you be interested? If so, the Job Corps may be for you! Contact Cathie Gavett of the Maine Job Corps (207-458-5369) to find out more about this program and who is eligible. She will then arrange a mutually convenient time to meet with you at the Auburn Public Library!
- Teens! SAPARS Drop In Visit Visit with Heather, the community educator from the Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Services. Each month, she will visit to discuss and create awareness of teen issues like healthy relationships, sexual assault, bullying, harassment, substance use/abuse, and internet safety. Please check our Events calendar for Heather’s next visit!
- Teens! Safe Voices Drop In Visit Come hang out with Jennifer from Safe Voices! During her visits to the Teen Space, she will chat with teens about relationships and work on projects. Check our Events calendar for Jennifer’s next visit!
- Tweens in the Teen Space Sixth (6th) graders are invited to join us in the Teen Space on the 2nd floor on selected half-day Wednesdays. We’ll have crafts or board games available (just ask us), you can get a head start on your homework, or just hang out with your friends! Check our Events calendar for the dates.
Upcoming fall/winter special programs will be listed here. More information coming soon.