We have what YOU’RE looking for!
Study, play a game, relax with a book or meet with your friends in the Teen Space! Create digital projects in the Media Lab! Check out our calendar for gaming, crafts, clubs, and lots of other fun events, just for teens! Unless otherwise noted, teen programs are just for teens, ages 12-18. See our calendar for all programs.
- NEW! Tech Talk Tuesdays Teens are invited to join us in the Teen Space on a selected Tuesday each month to enjoy a healthy after school snack and share some conversation about technology. Has having a device made your life easier? Has it changed the way you interact with your friends? Do you have an app that has really helped you? Come share your thoughts on all things technology!
- Teens! Matinee Movie Join us in the Community Room one afternoon a month for a movie. Most of the movies are chosen by the teens and movies may be rated either PG or PG-13 Check our events calendar and if PG-13, the minimum age for participation will be 13.
- Teens! Gaming Hour Take a break from studying and stop by the Androscoggin Room on lower level for video games and snacks. We have XBox and Wii and a small collection of games. Teens are welcome to bring their favorites, but only those rated T and E. This program was made possible by donations from the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and the law firm of Norman, Hanson & DeTroy. This program takes place twice a month; check the Events calendar on our website for the exact time.
- Teens! DIY Takeover We’re taking over the Teen Space! Each month, we will offer a new project from duct tape art to photography, create your own video games or make your own magnetic poetry.
- Teens! Homework Help Stop by the Teen Space on Thursdays (starting 9/21/17) between 2:30 and 4:00 for help in any subject which may be giving you difficulty, or simply use the Teen Space as a quiet place to get started on your homework! This program will include a healthy after school snack. Please note: The Teen Space will not be available until for hanging out until 4 p.m. on Homework Help Thursdays.
- Teens! Anime Club Get animated over anime! Teens can drop in to talk about their favorite (or least favorite) manga, watch this week’s selection of anime, and try your hand at drawing your own characters. This program was made possible by a generous gift of the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and takes place in the Androscoggin Community Room and meets the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Joint Teen Advisory Board (TAB): What do you want at the library? Do you have an author you love and want to read more? Do you wish we offered more music events? Sign up for the Teen Advisory Board and let your voice be heard! Contact Donna at 333-6640, ext. 4, for more information.
- Maine Job Corps Teens and New Adults (ages 16-24): If you had the opportunity to take part in a life-changing experience that gave you the skills you need to succeed in today’s job market, and it didn’t cost anything, would you be interested? If so, the Job Corps may be for you! Contact Cathie Gavett of the Maine Job Corps (207-458-5369) to find out more about this program and who is eligible. She will then arrange a mutually convenient time to meet with you at the Auburn Public Library!
- Teens! SAPARS Drop In Visit Visit with the community educator from the Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Services. Each month, she or he will visit to discuss and create awareness of teen issues like healthy relationships, sexual assault, bullying, harassment, substance use/abuse, and internet safety. We hope to start this again in November, so please check our Events calendar or give us a call if you are interested!
- Teens! Safe Voices Drop In Visit Come hang out with Whitney from Safe Voices on the 2nd Thursday of each month! During her visits to the Teen Space, she will chat with teens about relationships and work on projects.
- Tweens in the Teen Space Sixth (6th) graders are invited to join us in the Teen Space on the 2nd floor on half-day Wednesdays. We’ll have crafts or board games available (just ask us), you can get a head start on your homework, or just hang out with your friends!
Here are some special programs coming up this fall. For full details, check our Events calendar on our website; some require pre-registration; you may register on our Events page or give us a call!
- Comic Book Workshop with Mike Jordan * Tuesdays, October 10 & 17, 2017 — 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- College Night for Teens and Parents * Thursday, October 16, 2017 — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- College Financing and the FAFSA for Teens and Parents * Monday, October 30 — 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- FAFSA Lab for Teens and Parents * Monday, October 30 — 6:45-7:45 p.m. (space is limited to 12 and registration is required)