We have what YOU’RE looking for!
Study, play a game, relax with a book or meet with your friends in the Teen Space! Create digital projects in the Media Lab! Check out our calendar for gaming, crafts, clubs, and lots of other fun events, just for teens! Unless otherwise noted, teen programs are just for teens, ages 12-18. See our calendar for all programs.
- NEW! Teen Snack Chat! Join us in the Teen Space twice a month to enjoy a healthy after school snack and engage in some enlightening conversation about current events. As we get into this series, we hope to invite guest speakers to further add to our conversations. This program is made possible by support from Jim Pittman of Jim’s Auto Sales.
- Teens! Friday @ the Movies Join us in the Androscoggin Community Room on the 1st Friday of each month to relax and enjoy a movie!
- Teens! Gaming Hour Take a break from studying and stop by the Androscoggin Community Room for video games and snacks! We have XBox and Wii (sorry, only games rated teen and younger). This program was made possible by a generous gift of the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and takes place twice a month, the 2nd Wednesday and 4th Friday.
- Teens! DIY Takeover We’re taking over the Teen Space! Join us every month for a new project from duct tape art to photography, create your own video games or make your own magnetic poetry. DIY activities take place the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Teens! Flashback Friday Join us in the Teen Space for Flashback Friday. We will have some of your favorite childhood activities, including Legos, Play Doh, puzzles and Candyland, so you can play to your hearts content! We’ll also feature childhood favorite snacks. Flashback Friday takes place the 3rd Friday of each month.
- Teens! Anime Club Get animated over anime! Teens can drop in to talk about their favorite (or least favorite) manga, watch this week’s selection of anime, and try your hand at drawing your own characters. This program was made possible by a generous gift of the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and takes place in the Androscoggin Community Room and meets the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Teens! Media Club Movies! Music! Graphic arts! If you can imagine it, you can create it in our Media Lab. Teens (ages 12-18) can join our Media Club. Make trailers, podcasts, and more that we’ll post on our website. In the CREATE! Media Lab, second floor, this group meets the 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Teen Advisory Board (TAB): What do you want at the library? Do you have an author you love and want to read more? Do you wish we offered more music events? Sign up for the Teen Advisory Board and let your voice be heard! Contact Donna at 333-6640, ext. 4, for more information.
- Maine Job Corps Teens and New Adults! Learn how to acquire the skills you need to succeed in today’s job market. Jill Moody of the Maine Job Corps visits to explain how the program works and who is eligible. Interested teens must contact Jill to pre-register; she can be reached at 207-450-0216.
- Teens! SAPRS Drop In Visit Visit with Molly from the Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Services. On the 4th Thursday of each month, she will visit to discuss and create awareness of teen issues like healthy relationships, sexual assault, bullying, harassment, substance use/abuse, and internet safety.
- Teens! Safe Voices Drop In Visit Come hang out with Julia from Safe Voices on the 2nd Thursday of each month! During her visits to the Teen Space, Julia will chat with teens about relationships and work on projects.
- Tweens in the Teen Space Tweens are invited to join us in the Teen Space on the 2nd floor on half-day Wednesdays. We’ll have crafts or board games available (just ask us), you can get a head start on your homework, or just hang out with your friends! This program is just for Tweens who are in 6th grade.