There’s always something going on in the Children’s Room. In addition to our ongoing weekly and monthly programs, we frequently schedule programs including crafts, family movies, and special events like magic shows, author visits and much more. See our calendar for all programs.
Storytimes run from September through May, and may take a break in December. See our calendar to confirm times. Looking for a program for a group or child care facility? Call us, 333-6640 ext 3. Times may vary, please check the calendar for updated schedule.
See our calendar for all programs.
- Tiny Tunes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers (this program will be offered in April 2022) a fun music and movement program. Come sing and dance with Miss Corinna.
- Preschool story time for three to five years old. Wednesdays 10:30, and Saturdays at 10AM. The best in picture books, songs, and finger plays.
- Saturday stories for ages two to six. Join local volunteer story lady, Judy D’Amour, at 10:00 a.m., the third Saturday morning of most months, September through May. Judy leads children in interactive stories, rhymes, songs, creative dramatics, and a craft. All are welcome.
Lego Club on the first Friday of each month from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. for kids ages five and up.! We will provide the space and the LEGOs. Kids just need to come with their ideas and imaginations. Space is limited so the program will be run on a first come, first served basis. There will be small pieces that present a choking hazard. This program is not suitable for very young children. We offer a separate play space with LEGO Duplo blocks for children under five. Donations of LEGOs are greatly appreciated.
Read to a Dog! Sign up for your child’s 15-minute appointment to read to a dog and make a new furry friend. Call the library to register at 207-333-6640, x3. Masks are required. We currently have two dogs visiting.
- Michael Fralich and his therapy dog, Mocha are here each Thursday from 4PM-5PM.
- Renee Brezovsky and her therapy dog, Meadow are here every other Saturday from 11AM-12PM. Meadow is a blue merle Australian Shepherd who is excited to meet you.