The Auburn Public Library (Auburn, ME) is currently accepting applications for a Library Associate to work at our Reference Desk. Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 49 Spring Street, Auburn, ME 04210.
Summary: The Auburn Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing Library Associate to join our Adult Services team.
- The Associate assists with providing information services, collection maintenance, and programming.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include technology assistance (including our media lab and 3D printer); monitoring activities in public spaces and the Teen Space; answering reference questions; and adult/teen program assistance.
- Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma or GED equivalent, a proven record of strong customer service experience, and being well-read in recent popular books and genres.
- Preference will be given for familiarity with both Apple and PC products.
- Previous experience of 6 months to 1 year paid work in a library, public service or direct sales is also preferred.
- Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
- Evenings and Saturdays included
The Auburn Public Library is a vibrant and well-supported community institution. The Library is home to more than 75,000 items; more than 50 public computing stations; a computer lab; a media lab; meeting rooms for children, teens, and adults; and much more. It has a very welcoming and very customer-oriented staff.