The Teen Space is open!
Call us for more information! 333-6640 ext. 4.
Things To Do
Here are some things you can do when you are here, including programs we hope to offer. As always, ideas and suggestions for future Teen Programs are always welcome!
The Teen Space is on the 2nd floor and is open to teens ages 12-18. Teens are asked to check in (and say hello) at the Reference Desk. When you come in, our expectations are clear:
- RESPECT yourself … Behave appropriately for a public space — this means anywhere on Library property
- RESPECT others … Use suitable language, weather headphones if listening to music or anything which may be distracting to others
- RESPECT the space … take care of furniture and games, pick up after yourself (i.e., leave the room as it was when you came in)
In exchange the APL promises to: offer you a comfortable place for doing homework, reading, and socializing; host fun events for you; and listen to your interests.
- Teens! Gaming Hour Take a break from studying and stop by the Androscoggin Room on lower level for video games and snacks. We have XBox and Wii and a small collection of games. Teens are welcome to bring their favorites, but only those rated T and E. This program was made possible by donations from the P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation and the law firm of Norman, Hanson & DeTroy. This program takes place twice a month; check the Events calendar on our website for the exact time.
- Teens! Safe Voices Drop In Visit Safe Voices also does monthly visits during the school year. Check our Events calendar in the fall for specific dates and times.