The Auburn Public Library will begin providing free home delivery of library materials to patrons who meet the eligibility criteria below. A staff member or volunteer will deliver materials once a month and pick up any to be returned.
Who is eligible?
Individuals who are confined to their homes due to age, illness, or disability and who reside within Auburn or Minot. Participants must have an APL card in good standing.
How does the Home Delivery Program work?
- Fill out the application and let us know what types of material you are interested in.
- A library staff member will check out and deliver items to your residence, and also pick up and return items to the library.
- Items may be renewed once
- Typically, deliveries and pick-ups are scheduled for once a month.
- Library staff and volunteers are not permitted to enter your residence, so the exchange will take place at the door.
What library materials are offered through the program?
A total of 10 items may be delivered at one time. Available materials include:
- Books (regular and/or large print) DVDs (limit 4)
- Magazines Music on CD
- Audiobooks on CD
You may request specific titles or let us choose items for you based on your survey.
We ask that you not place holds or request items from other libraries.
What are the patron’s responsibilities in the Home Delivery Program?
- Have items ready to return on the designated date.
- Notify the library at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot be home at the scheduled time.
- Maintain the condition of library materials in your possession. There are no fees or fines for this service, however, participants are responsible for lost or damaged items.
How do I get started?
Apply by Mail: pick up or print out an application and mail to APL/Homebound, 49 Spring St. Auburn, ME 04210. A Librarian will contact you once your application is received.
Apply by Phone: call 207-333-6640 ext. 2003 to request that a librarian go over your application with you by phone.
Questions? Call 207-333-6640, ext. 2003.